Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What I am Reading Right NOW!

Because I was starting to feel better last night I was finally able to pick up a book again. Isn’t it ironic that when you are sick you have plenty of time to read but you don’t have the energy to concentrate on anything other than sleeping or mindless television? Being sick is such a waste of time. Anyway, because I was finally feeling better I picked up my copy of Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. You may remember this was on my ‘must read’ list for the Holidays.

I loved Wall’s memoir The Glass Castle so I was nervous about picking up her second novel. So often an author knocks it out of the ballpark with their first story but then struggles to continue that magic in follow-ups. Well worry not. Half Broke Horses is a page turner! It is the story of Walls grandmother, told in first person and it captures your attention with the first page. Heck, it captured my attention with the first sentence!

Half Broke Horse will catapult you into another time!

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Half-Broke-Horses/Jeannette-Walls

Assignment: You have some reading to do . . . .!

No comments: