Thursday, January 21, 2010

HOT DOG!

I like hot dogs. Okay, step back I know what they are made of but they taste good. Hot Dogs taste super-duper good. Thankfully I do not eat a lot of hot dogs but when the craving hits, I gotta fix that hankering. So when it last hit I decided to stop in on an old favorite.

This place used to be THE place to go for fast service, cheap prices, and two dangerously delicious Greek Chili Dogs and a side of fries. It was not uncommon for their lunch time line to be outside the building. The wait was never long and well worth it – because of the dogs. It had been a while since I visited this place. Oh how excited I was to place my order for the special: mustard, onions, and that special Greek Chili sauce. I have to confess; I pulled out of the drive thru and coasted into a parking spot. I just needed a bite to get me through the last part of my drive. A little tease of anticipation for what was soon to come.

I am not sure what happened and obviously I am still trying to figure it out. Does my memory deceive me? Where these dogs really always – just okay – not the best around? Is it because I now work in the “big” city and I have access to more hot dog stands so my standards have changed? Could it be that the business has changed their secret recipe for success?

Hot Dig-it-itty Disappointment!

Assignment: If you know the place of which I write, please stop in get a few dogs and let me you know what you think?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I know just the place. Mmmm...I'll be pretty sad if something changed in the recipe!

Nancy said...

I had never eaten there until they came to my neck of the woods, so I can't say if they've changed over the years or not, but I was not impressed. I think I gave them two chances.....'twas enough.