Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Monday - Real Life

Happy New Monday! I did spring out of bed this morning with a smile on my face and determination in my heart; this was going to be a great first New Monday! I bounced (kind of) out of bed, checked the school closings, showered, dressed, woke the kids, and made my way outside. It was 7:20 and I was on track for my 7:30 AM dentist appointment.

At 7:35 I called the dentist to let them know I was stuck at the top of my hill. I would be running late. At 7:45 a young man finally stopped to see if I needed help. He shoveled me out of the snow and towed me onto the main road. It was about this same time my children were coming up the hill. They stopped to make sure I was alright and then they got stuck on the ice. The Good Samaritan’s Tracker could not pull them up the ice so we flagged down a diesel. The diesel had to help, not only because we looked so pathetic but we were blocking the whole road and he needed to get down the hill.

Finally at 8:05 everyone was on their way. The kids received a tardy at school and I traveled my 60+ mile commute with cold feet and a strained grip on the steering wheel. I am stopping at the store on my way home to get a shovel and kitty litter for Andy and my car! I might even bribe Tom into letting me take the Jeep half of this week.

On a bright note, the snow plow was coming down our road when we were all being towed to safety.

Happy New Monday indeed!

Assignment: Drive safely.

No comments: