Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What a morning!

This has been my morning.

I got a text from Maddy at school this morning. She took her Ipod to school. She dropped her Ipod in the parking lot. Someone found her Ipod. He kept it. A friend saw a boy with an Ipod that had Maddy’s photos on it. She called Maddy. Maddy then realized her Ipod was missing. She started crying (and pushing her stomach out of her throat I am sure). She told the office. She was put on a waiting list of things to investigate. She called me.

I called the office and gave them all the information Maddy had shared with me. I called the office again to file a police report. I was asked to wait because they were sure it would be returned by the end of the day.

It has been returned.

I wish the boy had gone to the office and turned in his ‘find’. I wish that several stereotypes were not involved with this boy who found the Ipod. Maddy and I had a good conversation over this – we have to push those stereotypes away. We both admitted that we ‘went there’ for a moment. I feel badly that we went there for even a moment. I feel worst that the stereotypes had support today.

Plus Maddy isn’t supposed to have her phone or Ipod at school – so that is an issue to address too. And I have – trust me.

What a morning!

Assignment: Forgiveness!

No comments: