Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Full Moon Madness Part 3

Old Wives Tales are a form of urban legend passed down from generation to generation. I don’t think I have too many Tales that I knowingly follow but there is one. . . .that I know is true . . . in the form of predicting a baby’s gender while in the womb. My evidence confirming the truth behind this Tale is based on coincidence and coincidence only. Fact: I have carried four babies - two boys and two girls. Coincidently, I carried the baby weight of the boys all in front and the weight of the girls all around.

Using this scientific logic, I have accurately predicted the gender of co-worker babies, and most recently a friend of our family. Our friend is carrying her weight straight on in front – and yesterday the ultrasound concluded what Nancy knew two weeks ago – they are having a boy. It is eerie how accurately awesome and useful this gift is to behold. I mean, seriously with my keen gift – who needs modern medicine any more?

Sadly our daughter Meg will have none of it and feels my gift is nonsense. She has chosen to await the gender confirmation till the time their baby is born. I am crushed in by her lack of trust in this scientific method and super awesome gift her mom has! It is a waste of sweet skills. Based on what I know, I can’t believe she hasn’t already started painting the nursery a bright shade of . . . . .!??????

Assignment: Do you follow any Old Wives Tales – do tell!

No comments: