Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Words

It is clear by the way they are carrying their backpack and telling the story, these two ‘All American-Girls” ahead of me on the sidewalk are freshman at one of the local colleges. . .

“So, then I said shit Bobby and my professor is like, ‘Your Sarah right’ and then my professor was annoyed with me and surprised I swore in front of her. It think Bobby was too. Cha, do we swear a lot?”

“I think we do. You know that one girl who is like one of my new good friends? Well I think I shocked her at lunch when I was like “F-ck this and F-ck that”. She was like, ‘whoa’ and not used to the swearing. My sister said I swear a lot too. I tripped and yelled ‘G-damn’ and she was like, you curse to much”.

‘Oh, I know, I think other students think it is odd. Like, this one time . . . . . . .”

Well, guess what ladies – you spent 2 blocks cursing and telling stories about cursing and I am sure you continued well after I made my break from you. So, here is what we know: Bobby, your professor, your sister, other students, and I think you not only curse a lot – but you sound immature while doing it. It is pointless, there is no art-form to your words, and you think it is okay to transition these words into the English Language. You don't do it for shock value - or maybe you do - but your immaturity is as obvious as an ill-fitting pair of shoes – we can see your awkwardness a mile away.

The names have been changed. The curse words are foggy because they were dropping them faster than my mind could process.

Assignment: Select your words wisely.


No comments: