Friday, March 5, 2010

Sun in West Michigan

This week has been full of sunshine but I have not allowed myself to enjoy it. February was one of the grayest months on record. I believe the report stated West Michigan had four days with sun. Four Days!!!! That is depressing.

After such a month, you would think that I would be walking on sunshine but I am cautiously happy. It is like when you have a favorite perfume that you never use because you want to keep it forever. You know you love it –but if you actually enjoy it, it will eventually run out.

When did I turn into a cynic?

Oh, and just for the record, I hate that “Walking on Sunshine” song too. It is so “up with people” and once the tune is in your head it never leaves. See, I am right – you are humming it now. Sorry.

Assignment: Soak up the Sun!

1 comment:

Linda said...

so, i went for a walk on the beach after I read your post and, about halfway through, I realized that I had a tune running through my head. Yep, you guessed it: Walking on Sunshine. I couldn't keep that to myself, so I passed it along to Steve, just like a virus.