Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Funk

I am in a funk. I started yesterday by losing one of my diamond earrings. The back came unclasped and it fell out. The good news – I know it is in my house so that will help the search party.

Then last evening I had a hair appointment. I just said, “Do whatever you want” because I am in a funk and hair is a fast and easy fix to get yourself outta a funk. I was excited while the color processed. I closed my eyes while the cut began. My imagination was running wild. Would I have short blond spiked hair? Would it be a mid-length shag in red?

Nope.




A bob. It isn’t a bad cut and it isn’t my stylist’s fault – I just find it boring. It is a shorter version of what I already had AND a cut that I have had many times in the past.

Here’s my problem; no matter what the cut, the hair is still on the top of my head. I have straight hair and an unnatural inability to style my hair. But my true desire is to have textured hair that I can wear in a wash, toss, and wear way. I would love thick, wonderful wavy layers that I can wear in casual (planned) dishevelment or sleek glamorous style.

But this is the hair I have been dealt so whatcha going to do? I guess there are worse things and I did find my earring so maybe things are starting to turn.

Assignment: Let’s start a movement to make wigs socially acceptable for all women!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Amen, sister. Mine is thick & textured but never looks like that dream hair you mention...usually more of a disheveled, overgrown version of my high school hair. It looks fairly "sleek" when I leave the salon (once or twice a year!), but I can never seem to replicate that look on my own. Let me know if you find anyone who would like to give hairstyling lessons...

Yours looks cute, btw!

Lisa said...

I like it! The color is great.