Monday, March 29, 2010



Before I start this post, I want you to know there is NOTHING you can do to persuade me to reconsider my position. NOTHING, so please do not even try. This list took years to put together. This is not just some willy-nilly list. This list is the truth as I know it.

List requirements: The items on the list must never fail. They must always bring joy and pleasure to me. This is my list – if you disagree – start your own.

THE TOP THREE INVENTIONS: EVER!

1. Fireworks. Say what you will about our friends from China but they have done a most extraordinary thing. They invented fireworks. There as never been a bad firework show. Pretty little colors sparkling in the sky remind me of Christmas lights on our tree. Twinkling bits of light in a kaleidoscope explosion. I love them.

2. Peanut Butter. Mr. George Washington Carver you deserve a national holiday. Thank you for your sense of curiosity. Your need to crush little peanuts into a smooth creamy concoction has given me happiness throughout my life. Jiff – thank you for taking Mr. Carver’s invention and making it perfection.

3. Tivo. This late comer has only been on ‘the list’ for a few years. The moment I learned of this invention and the way it would change my television viewing (ref: my addition) I canceled our satellite provider and made the switch. I wish my radio had Tivo. There are times I wish ‘live’ conversations could be Tivoed too.

Assignment: If you could only choose 3 things that never fail to bring you happiness, what would they be?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A cozy fleece pullover.
My bed.
A bonfire.