Friday, March 12, 2010

Patience


Jesus shared a parable about a fig tree that would not bear fruit any longer (Mark 13:1-9). The owner of the tree wanted it cut down but the servant asked if they could wait just one more year. The servant had faith that the tree could be redeemed.

This parable has a deeper message than I will be sharing in this blog entry but I was recently reminded of it through my Amaryllis.

I planted this bulb on Thanksgiving morning. For many months it was just a pot of mud. I kept watering the mud until one day a sprig of green appeared. I kept watering until one day a stem appeared. I kept watering until one day a bloom appeared.

When the ground is a mix of snow, mud, and brown grass – this flower knew when it needed to bloom.

Assignment: Patience

No comments: