Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wine

I have officially hit a turning point in m life. I can no longer drink wine. I have never fully been a wine fan. It isn’t my first drink of choice, mainly because I don’t know enough about vino to know what I am supposed to like. However, my lack of knowledge didn’t overshadow my willingness to try to learn.

All was well until a few years ago. I started to notice a change after an evening out with friends. I would wake up in the middle of the night with energy abound. It didn’t happen every time I had a glass but enough that I started to become cautious.

Last night, our Dam Book Club met to discuss our recent read. I had a couple glasses of wine (and I assure you these were small glasses). I was not impaired in the slightest but when I got home . . . . energy abound. I was up till well past 2:00 am and I woke up again at 3:30.

So that’s it, I am finished with wine. I don’t enjoy the flavor enough to deal with the anxiety that comes with a glass. Thankfully, I do have a very positive relationship with vodka . . . . .

Assignment: Don’t whine – it’s just wine!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh no!! Sorry you couldn't sleep, was it productive no-sleep time?

(I have a good relationship with tequilla. I'm friends with wine, but not my first choice either!)