Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I need a genie in a bottle

If a genie came to me and asked me for three wishes, I wouldn’t take them. Nope, I don’t need three wishes. Right now I just need one wish granted. I need more time in the day. Yep, more time would mean I could fit in things like family meals, visits to my mom, a healthy workout, a hobby, and full 8-hours of sleep (which studies show is necessity not a luxury). I could fit in time for friends and volunteering.

I know other people do it – all the time –but I can’t seem to get it together. I don’t get home till after 7:00 most night due to work or the kids track meets. I spent 10 hours plus a week on the road. I spent 40 – 50 hours a week working. I have to sleep – studies support that. Oh what to do? What to do?

Maybe if that genie came to me for my three wishes, I won’t ask for time – I would ask for all our financial obligations (past, present, and future) to be met so that I could make time for anything and everything non-work or sleep. I could be a Real Wife of Small West Michigan Rural Community. Just wear fancy denim, learn to farm, and dedicate myself to local efforts. Local efforts that would mean I could ride my bike to meetings (thus getting a workout in at the same time as volunteering).

Hum, well it doesn’t matter because there is no genie, no extended time allotment, nor financial security for people who are not Oprah.

Assignment: If you have a few hours or dollars to spare – give me a call. I have plans for both!

No comments: