Sunday, November 8, 2009

Treadmill

My excuse for being lazy is coming to an end. We have ordered a replacement piece for our treadmill. The part will be here this week and my workouts are to begin again on Saturday.

How bittersweet these past two months have been. I have a million excuses for being lazy. In my career there has been a fundraiser that involved many extra hours devoted to work. In my health there has been a sick mom, husband, children, and myself. In my social schedule there have been places to go and people to see. I can team these excuses with the cold and rainy weather and the daylight savings program to provide even more reasons why I simply can’t workout. My laziness has been sweet. I am well past the guilty feelings that have motivated in the past so the lack of physical activity is coming very easily to me now.

But the bitterness is starting to show. Soft limbs that jiggle and shake when I move are starting to gross me out. I have given up the dream of the lean body of my youth but that jiggle has got to go. I have no illusions; my shape will remain round but a firmer round and one that does not require a whole new wardrobe. Plus, 2010 brings with it an annual doctors appointment, a class reunion, and a summer wedding so it is time for excuses to end. The treadmill part will be here this week and Saturday I begin my workouts again.

Assignment: Help me stop the excuses.