Sunday, November 15, 2009

A promise is a promise

I am not going to say it was easy because it wasn’t. I am not going write that it was fun because that would be a lie. But a promise is a promise even if it is one you make to yourself.

Yesterday Tom and I began our workouts again. I have played the “for better or worse” card to talk him into being my workout buddy. I am counting on him to keep me moving on those dark, cold nights when my excuse list seems to have a life of its own. After all, someone in this family has to take responsibility, show a commitment, or at least harbor a primal desire not to have a ‘grabber’ by the age of sixty! I am inherently lazy so you are not going to find those character traits in me – so I am outsourcing this job to Tom. He has the shoulders for it. He will get it done.

Tom and I - The day after . . .do you like my cute pink warm-up? Me too!

When we woke this morning our limbs were aching but our competitive nature and healthy level of vanity will not be outdone by a few aches and pains. We will get healthy . . .. . or die trying.

Assignment: Ugh, I hate to even write it but get up and get moving!