Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Worst Mom - EVER!

I think that Maddy, being our last child, has turned me into a dolt. I seem to allow things that I would never have considered with our other children. I believe this past year I have official entered the "Worst Mom - Ever" contest and I might actually win.

1. Maddy was invited to Florida for Spring Break. I really thought this was a great idea. I strongly encouraged her to go. She did not feel comfortable going with these friends. Perhaps it was because these friends were both boys! Brothers to be accurate - and for the record - the parents, whom I know and trust, were also going. I had close friends who were boys in high school - I would have gone to Florida with their family if asked. Bad mom for encouraging a daughter to go to another state with boys! I have seen Springer; most of those stories come from Florida.

2. Maddy had a sore throat the Saturday she was to leave for Mission Trip. I was talked into letting her go - against my better judgment. They were going to North Carolina for the Mission Trip. When they reached Tennessee the throat wasn't getting better so they went to a medi-center. They tested her and diagnosed it as mono. I think they were wrong or it was a very low case of mono. However, she was sick and I shouldn't have lisened to others and made her stay home. Terrible week for me (she had fun) so that was my punishment I guess.

3. Maddy turned 16 this year. She wanted a tattoo. Not a rainbow, sun, or dolphin jumping from a wave (no offense but really for a 16 year old – you know); no, she wanted a memory. She wanted the date of her cancer diagnosis and the date of her remission. This was a tense and very long discussion in our home. Here she is with the tat. Sexy Bob did the artwork. Yeap that was his name: Sexy Bob.


I am sure there are many other Worst Mom stories that have happened over the past 8 months - and we still have 4 more to go. In fact, I know there are more stories but I am worn down so num that I can't remember them all. I am starting to blur between the right/wrong of parenting. I should set a date for my crown fitting and find a nice dress to accept my award.

Assignment: Dr. Spock. . Calling Dr. Spock! Why didn't you write a care and feeding book for teens!

No comments: