Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Idea Part One

Halloween Part One

I am happy. I am very, very, very happy and I am going to tell you why. A few weeks ago I had one of my best “too old to be a new mom – too young to be a grandmother” ideas. Our youngest children are officially too old to go Trick or Treating. My husband, while I love him, is anti-Halloween (I know, WHAT??). Therefore, I am the one that once again suffers for the love of my family.

But not this year! I had a vision, a revelation, yes - an epiphany! I have neighbors with small children. Neighbors with small children who will be excited to dress up and have their loving mommy and daddy take them into town to venture house-to-house for candy. The best part, these neighbors have to drive right past my house! (Editor Note: I live in the county and my first neighbor is a mile away).

Quickly, before this manifestation faded to the task at hand (I am sure it was either doing work or driving to/from work) I made contact with my young neighbors and asked, pleaded, and yes, begged them into promising to stop by my house so I can coddle their costume clad children. I have made goodie bags with special treats in them. Treats so different from what the other homes will be giving – I am sure to win some special refrigerator art from these grateful young ones. Why hadn’t I thought of before?

Clearly I was on a role with greatness. Perhaps I was having my finest Halloween idea since putting together the prize winning Carol Burnett Cleaning Lady costume in sixth grade or doing a reverse Trick or Treat when Maddy was undergoing Chemo and couldn’t go outside (people brought her candy when they stopped by our house). Yes, this clearly was becoming my third best Halloween idea – EVER. Not satisfied with my perfect plan to entice young children to my home (Is that wrong?) – I allowed my dream to continue to grow and the results are going to be OUTSTANDING. But more on that later . .

Your Assignment: If the fun has left your Halloween – make plans