Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Id

My favorite season is fall for many reasons - none of which we will cover today. But a very close runner up is summer. Summer is the Id of seasonal personalities. It is the impulsive, risk taking, routine breaking, live for the moment and the moment is now season. Summer is the fun and carefree season – a time without worry. Truly, we cannot control the weather, the economy, the price of gas, or the governmental feud over healthcare – but we can control our fun. Summer gives us that. It is a three month break from serious responsibility because we know, come Friday afternoon, summer and all it has to offer is waiting for us. The rest of the world can wait till Monday morning.

Summer 2009 has been an exceptionally fulfilled summer for my family. Every weekend has been full of friends, family, and foolishness. It kinda makes me feel like this is how life was supposed to be lived. I certainly makes me feel like a kid again.

Here is an excerpt from my past weekend.












Thursday Thrills:
Keb’ Mo’ at the Meijer Gardens. Our friends, Suzy and Doug prepared a gourmet picnic, Mother Nature spoiled us with a rain free evening, and Keb’, well, Keb’ just sang the Blues.

Friday Friend Night:

Slumber Party Time. Friends Anne and Sherri and I spent the night in Maddy’s Tree house. We ate junk food, listened to Michael Jackson’s Thriller, told stories, and watched two polar opposing chick flicks: Never Been Kissed and Knocked Up. We laughed – a lot.

Saturday Sisterhood. For the first time in too long the girls and I had a road trip. We traveled to Sutton’s Bay to have lunch with our friend Linda and then decided to stimulate the economy in her store, The Happy Woman Store (www.thehappywomanstore.com).










Sleepy Sunday. On Sunday I rested – because it is a rule. But also, while I feel like a kid again – I am actually a nearly middle aged woman and I need rest. I did indulge in one more girl friendly activity. I watched Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime and I have to confess, this show has won me as a fan.

Look below for a lesson learned – and your assignment.

No comments: