Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Goals

This time tomorrow I will be easing into vacation for eleven wonderful days. I am ready for some R&R in a big way. The vacation will be full of family, friends, and food. I can’t wait. In addition to all the Christmas fun, I have made some personal goals that I really hope I accomplish.


Goal One: Read, read, read. Our next Damn Book Club selection is “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett. This book is receiving positive reviews and continues to remain on the New York Best Seller list. There is good reason for this – the book is a great read! Everyday I look forward to my quiet time when I can dive a little deeper into the lives of the three main characters.

I also have three other books calling for my attention: “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee”, by Rebecca Miller, “Half Broke Horses” by Jeannette Walls, and “The Good Thief” by Hannah Tinti. I just realized that all of the books on my ‘get-to’ list are authored by women and for two (Stockett and Tinti) this is a first book. What a great added bonus for Goal One, wish me luck!

Goal Two: Snowshoe. I have a love-hate relationship with snowshoeing. Once I actually bundle up and head outside I love it but all that layering, the initial cold, and thoughts of physical movement are things I hate. Plus, this activity isn’t something I think of naturally. But the weather forecast tells me I will have plenty of fresh snow on the ground so the time is right. Plus, I have strategically placed notes to myself here and there as a reminder to get up, get out, and get active. This goal has to happen!

Assignment: Allow the Christmas Spirit to include rejuvenation for your weary spirit.

No comments: