Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Football




Today I had a nice conversation with a baseball fan. He told me that he read a comparison between sports and music. Baseball was compared with a Waltz, a special dance that can be lovely to watch. It is true; a baseball game is filled with beautiful rhythm and movement. I like baseball.

Football’s music was compared with heart-pounding rock. I think that is true too. In fact, last week during Andy’s first season game, as the boy’s lined up AC/DC’s Thunderstruck starting playing in my head. Football is a tough game – it earns the ‘grid iron’ knick name. I watched a boy leap through the air and fall face down and horizontal with the ground. No arms breaking his fall. He just stood up and ran to the huddle for the next play. He didn’t even shake it off! If it were me I would have been crying like a little baby!

Like heart-pounding rock, football is only perfect if everyone is in sync. There can be a few solo moments but as a whole – the team must be playing together as one. One team – one goal – move the ball down the line. I remember falling in heavy like with the sport back in high school. Through the years, I have grown to love football. Here’s to Friday Night Lights!

Your Assignment: Support your local school athletic teams!