Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Inventory on on the first 6 months of 50

It has been a while since I have written in this blog. Life priorities are out of balance and I am working hard to right this soon. In turn, this just adds stress so what I really need to do is just let go. Anyway, I have been keeping up with my musings on facebook https://www.facebook.com/nbrozek and twitter https://twitter.com/nabrozek if you want to read my ‘speak before you think’ ramblings.

I am six months into my 50’s and thought it might be nice to take an inventory of what this milestone year means. Since the celebration, my body has been trying to run amuck. I have been officially diagnosed with, an inconvenient at its worse, little medical issue. The cure, a pill and complete redesign of what I can and cannot eat; for the rest of my life – or suffer the spasms. While this has taken some getting used to (I miss you tomato and lemon), I have lost weight and I can still have cupcakes so, really, inconvenient is all this is to me.

I have also had a bit of a more serious health scare. My routine checkup found some questionable results. Each time I was given the green light – a recheck would create another round of questions. From November – February I played a game of ‘hide and seek’ with the medical world. After a biopsy, all is good: the only thing hurting is my checkbook for the tests and procedures I was put through. I might write more on this later – but peeps, get those breast exams!!!! Enough Said.

In January, I got to have my first colonoscopy. Results were good and the process was easy. Don’t let fear talk you out of this. The prep was not that bad. I wanted to have it help me lose 5 pounds until my loving husband reminded me that that would mean I was always carrying around 5 pounds of shit. So, perspective is good.

In a few recent videos and photos, I have noticed the gravity is finally taking hold. My face is dropping into a woman of 50 face. Whatever, it was bound to happen sometime.

However, after all of this, the one thing that I really cannot tolerate is that my mortal enemy: my hair – has started to position itself as boss. There are two prominent locations in which it refuses to cover with the color of my choice. I am not going down without a fight . . .this hair of mine can win the battle but I’ma goin’ win this war. It is on hair – challenge accepted.

In short, six months into 50 and all is right with the world. Continue to play on . . .

Assignment: How did I make it to this age without a good (public) nickname? I need one for the last 50 years of my life . . suggestions?

No comments: